The time has finally come, that we have to fly to the Metro and enjoy the promo air fare that we have booked months earlier.
I contacted Bakasyonista a travel agency and booked for a special tour to Anawangin Cove in San Antonio, Zambales. We have a lot of beautiful beaches in Mindanao but we wanted to try and see for ourselves the known travel destination facing the South China Sea. With booking deposit paid + all the research I have done, gathering all information we needed to know, we’re basically all set. However, 5 days before the much awaited trip, the travel agency called us that Anawangin Cove is not fit to visit until the weekend, due to big waves in the area per coast guard advisory. Huh! Bad luck!
We have no choice but to look for another alternative and booked ourselves to the Fortune Island Day Tour in Nasugbu, Batangas. I did all the research as well as to how to get there, and we’re pretty much excited to see the Ancient looking Greek style structure on the island. But luck was really not on our side, because a day before our trip the travel agency contacted us again and told us that the island will be closed on that particular weekend due to bad weather again. What! Heartbroken!
The much awaited trips were really not meant to be. We decided to refund our initial payment, since the reason was due to bad weather and it was the agency that cancelled the trips. Bakasyonista was indeed very accommodating and wired the payment to my bank account a few days later. I do hope to be able to avail their services in the future. And this time I’ll make sure to schedule trips during summer, when the weather in the Philippines is very ideal for beach tripping.